Sunday, February 17, 2013

you can't eff up box brownies

This week was a long week, especially with Eric down in Ohio. I was a little upset that he wasn't going to be home for Valentine's Day, but I made the most of it and planned a nice relaxing night with myself.

When I got home, the first thing I decided to do was make my healthy strawberry banana muffins; which I have made before and posted about on the blog. I was pretty excited to make them so that I had a healthy breakfast for the next morning. I got started combining all the ingredients in the blender and had everything all blended up, or so I thought... I was about to start dispensing the mixture into the muffin tins when I realized I forgot to add the sugar. Looking back, I probably didn't really need to add sugar, I mean there was a whole container of strawberries in the thing, which should be plenty of sugar; but... I decided to add the sugar in and turned on the blender. Everything was going well, the blender was starting to mix up the sugar, but then all hell broke loose. My blender decided to unscrew itself and blow out the bottom, not the top, like you would think would happen. IT UNSCREWED ITSELF and I could not catch it in time. Alas, this is the mess that was made:


I had to have evidence of this mess, I mean let's face it... It makes a hilarious story and no one was around to witness it, except the dogs; and as you can see they enjoyed helping me clean up. It took me probably 20 minutes to clean up, and that was after I stared at it for 5 minutes in complete shock and disbelief. So this was my EPIC blender fail as I like to call it.

Once I had the mess cleaned up, I decided to make box brownies; because let's face it, it's not that easy to fuck up box brownies. So I got to work making my Ghirardelli double chocolate brownies to make up for the epic blender fail. I made them in a heart shaped pan since it was Valentine's Day and I was feeling festive, and they turned out delicious.





The rest of my night was spent relaxing and enjoying my Valentine's Day with the girls. Overall it was a good day, despite the blender mishap, and look at the beautiful flowers I came home to on Friday when Eric got back from Ohio!! <3


Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day and doesn't have any blender fails in the near future.

PS. If you want to buy me something... I am in the market for a new blender, one that preferably doesn't hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment