Sunday, September 1, 2013

killing weeds & takin' names

I've seen Pinterest posts with "recipes" to kill weeds naturally and decided it was a good time to give it a try, seeing as my driveway looks like a path in a forest and there is poison ivy growing up the tree by my back porch. I luckily (knock on wood) don't get poison ivy, but since Eric mows the lawn not me, I felt it would be a good idea to get rid of it so he doesn't get it.
The "natural" recipe for weed killer is really simple.
1 gallon white vinegar
1/2 cup salt
few squirts of dish soap
So what I did was mix the ingredients in an old weed killer container and got to work spraying the weeds that I really wanted to get rid of.
Before:


After:




As you can see it didn't completely kill everything but it does look a lot better than it did. I think with a few more applications of the mixture the rest of the weeds / grass will be taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment