Thursday, October 17, 2013

kale chips

We had some leftover kale from a pasta salad we made earlier in the week and didn't want it to go bad, so we decided to try our hand at kale chips.
 


Here's what we used:
kale
kosher salt
pepper
garlic powder
olive oil
 
It was very simple. I washed the kale and ripped it up into chip sized pieces, placed it in a bowl and sprinkled it with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil. Then I spread it out on a baking sheet and sprinkled some more salt, pepper, and garlic powder for good measure. Here I should note: I used a little too much salt, because our batch of kale chips were extremely salty. So maybe only sprinkle it on in the bowl and skip sprinkling any additional salt on them... Anyway, the oven was preheated to 400 degrees and I baked the kale chips for about 20 minutes until they were nice and crispy.
 
I'm sure there are different flavors you could make other than garlic. While ours are super salty, they are still good. I was very hesitant because I wasn't sure I was going to like them at all, but they are pretty good. Next time I have leftover kale I will be making more kale chips. Maybe we will even pick up a bunch at the farmers market this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment