Wednesday, October 23, 2013

bbq veggie burgers

I'm not a fan of frozen, processed foods. The only thing currently in my freezer is frozen fruit and some popsicles from when I got my wisdom teeth removed (don't ask how long ago that was...). I think there might be some frozen hotdogs and chicken patties, but again, don't ask how old those are. Trash day is tomorrow and I might finally get rid of them. I normally forget because I rarely even open the freezer; this is a reminder to myself to go through the freezer when I get home!
 
Anyway, onto the real reason for this post, because it's not to remind me to clean out my freezer. A couple of weeks ago, Eric and I tried out hand at making veggie burgers. It actually turned out pretty well. I think they probably should have baked a little longer so that they weren't as gooey inside but live and learn.
 
It was a pretty time intensive recipe, so I only suggest you making these if you have time. Or you could make a bunch and probably freeze them. That way you know what's going into them, instead of buying the processed frozen ones that still have unnatural products even though they are advertised as "healthy."
 
 
Here's the recipe that we followed on Vegan Ricca for BBQ Veggie Burgers with Mango Slaw. We followed the recipe exactly as it is found on the website. I would suggest, if you don't want soggy lentils on the inside, bake them a little longer even though the outsides are crispy. I'd like to try this recipe again because I know Eric liked it. While it wasn't my all time favorite, I still liked it enough to have it every once and awhile. Plus, like I have said, it's better than eating processed veggie burgers or hamburgers.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment