Monday, October 28, 2013

pumpkin carving alternative

There are so many creative ideas out there as alternatives to carving pumpkins. I've never been good at actually carving pumpkins. I always end up with a normal looking jack-o-lantern or trying to get creative and having it fall apart before Halloween.
 
This year I decided to try something creative against my better judgment. For once, my [limited] creativity worked out.

We went over to my parents to carve pumpkins and I had my dad break out the drill. I drew on the pumpkin with marker to figure out what I wanted to do, but ended up free handing it because I didn't leave enough room between the letters.
 
On one side of the pumpkin I wrote "Happy Halloween" and since I was apprehensive and didn't think it would turn out I did a dotted pattern on the back that I had seen on Pinterest or another blog or somewhere that I don't remember.
 
Here's what my pumpkins ended up looking like.
 
 
What other creative ideas have you tried this Halloween? Please feel free to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment