Tuesday, January 8, 2013

chicken enchiladas


I found a recipe for Easy and Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas awhile back and Eric and I finally decided to give them a try. To be honest we didn't really look at the recipe online except to figure out what kind of ingredients we should include (and then we proceeded to add much more than the recipe called for) and to figure out how long to cook it for. So this is our take on the white chicken enchiladas.

Ingredients:
3 boneless chicken breasts
lettuce
sour cream
tomato
cilantro
corn
Mexican cheese
tortillas (flour or corn)
enchilada sauce
green pepper
onion
lemon juice
lime juice
salt & pepper to taste

Instructions:
1. Boil chicken breasts (we add a squirt or two of lemon juice), once cooled you can mangle that chicken breast. - The recipe that I linked to says to just buy rotisserie chicken which works as well.
2.  Saute green pepper, cilantro, and onion in olive oil, add in about half a packet of enchilada sauce. Frontera Fiesta Red Chili Enchilada Sauce is awesome and I recommend it. They make other sauces that we have used as well.
3. Once you've mixed everything up pretty well add the chicken in so that it is coated in the enchilada sauce.
4. Now it's time to make the actual enchiladas. What I did was put the chicken enchilada concoction in the middle and added cheese on top (on the inside) before folding up the tortilla and putting it in the pan. 
5. We only made 4 (ate the leftover 2 tonight for dinner) and the 4 fit perfectly in my 8 x 8 glass pan. - I would recommend spraying the pan with some sort of non stick spray because the first one to come out was a little bit stuck.
6. Once all 4 enchiladas were rolled up and stuffed into the pan I added the remaining enchilada sauce to the top and covered it in cheese. - We had some leftover chicken concoction that we added in side pockets (as Eric likes to say) as to not let anything go to waste.
7. The enchiladas were then cooked at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Since the chicken was already cooked, it was just to melt the cheese and have all the wonderfully good flavors mesh together.
8. Enjoy!



I have to say that this was a great success. Eric said "It's the best thing we've made so far."

Enjoy the recipe. I have a few house projects that I plan on working on this week so, hopefully I will have good posts about those by the end of the week if I am feeling ambitious. All my TV shows do come back this week so I may be slightly distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment