Wednesday, January 9, 2013

vacation momento

This little guy here is a Pinterest inspired creation that I thankfully found before we went to Punta Cana in November. I'm very happy with the result and would have never thought of it on my own, but I am very glad because now I have a very creative way to enjoy my vacation and remind me of the beautiful beach and great times we had.


The link on my Pinterest doesn't lead to a quality website but it can be seen here pinned on my For The Home Board.
Finished product with another souvenier from the Dominican Republic.
Here it the whole display before I added the sand and picture into the frame. I had every intention of putting everything together as soon as I had printed off the photo I decided to use however, the sand was still very moist as it was sealed in a sandwich bag. Once I let the sand dry out for a few days it was good to go.

 I would also love to do this SWEET sand vase vacation project but, I only currently have sand from one location. Guess I need to take a few more beach vacations to get it started! I could always grab some sand from my parents beach, seeing as a lot of my summer is spent at their house on the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment