Tuesday, January 29, 2013

picture frame remod

I have been working on cleaning up my house and getting rid of clutter lately. This little project is a result of that...

This picture frame came from my grandma, it had a deer picture in it. Since it was pretty old the back started to fall off and the glass and picture could no longer be held in. I decided to use it for something useful. I saw something on Pinterest or Tumblr or some sort of website that I follow and decided to give it a try with my broken picture frame.

Before: 


 First I decided to spray paint it so that it matched a bit better. I actually did this weeks ago when I spray painted the knife block but ran into a few issues, so it took me until this weekend to finish the project.

I had to get the hooks from Lowes which was the easy part. The frame is rather thin so when we were putting in one of the hooks we broke off a piece of the frame and the hook wouldn't stay in place. I ended up getting super glue and gluing it back together. Then I had to re-spray paint because I had scratched some of the paint off of where the gold trimmed part was. Below is the completed frame with and without necklaces.

 After:

Completed:

I am pretty pleased with it. The spray paint at the top is a little messed up so I am not 100% happy with it. Damn the perfectionist in me... but it looks nice and adds something to a once blank wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment