Saturday, January 5, 2013

so... what do you like to do for fun

I hate when people ask me what I like to do for fun or what my hobbies are. The answer is usually along the lines of: "Oh you know... stuff" or "Well, I don't really have time for much," because lets face it, telling people I like to sit at home, watch TV, eat, and sleep just makes me look like a lazy, fat-ass. That's where this blog comes in. It's my attempt at making myself not such a lazy, fat-ass. I used to have an excuse for not having hobbies because school consumed my life, but now that I am done (graduated May 2012) I need to get it together and do something.

One of my best friends, Heather Stern (confessions of a wannabe), recently started a blog as well. She is a self-proclaimed wannabe, meaning she wants to cook more, DIY more, be healthier, exercise more, be a great mom to her unborn baby girl, etc. You get the point... I was telling my boyfriend about how awesome her blog was, how every post literally made me laugh out loud (seriously check it out, you'll laugh so hard you may pee your pants), and how I thought it was such a great idea because let's face it... WE ARE ALL WANNABES, of some sort, and can all do something to better our lives.

The boyfriend thought Heather's blog was a great idea and pushed me to start my own blog, so here I am. We came up with "Nailed It or Failed It" because I may or may not have a slight Pinterest obsession. I have approx 17 million things pinned on my Pinterest that I either want to buy, cook, DIY, etc. Plus I follow a few other home design/DIY blogs. Not everything that I plan to blog will be DIY or cooking related, but that is probably where I will start. We're going to NYC in a few weeks, so I am sure there will be a blog or two about the amazing time we have there. I love to travel and appreciate when people offer their honest opinions about different places and would like to do the same for anyone that may read my blog. We have also been looking at houses so I am sure if we buy one my blog will become inundated with pictures of the house before and after work being done.

So here's to 2013, the beginning of my blogging life! Happy New Year! Hope you enjoy.

NYE w/ the Burger Family (boyfriend's family)

No comments:

Post a Comment