Sunday, January 13, 2013

kitchen updates

I literally have a bazillion things that I want to update in the kitchen. Slowly but surely things will get done. A lot of the stuff I want to do has to wait until it's warmer out because windows need to be opened to allow proper ventilation. 

If you've been to my house you know that my cabinets are not normal solid wood cabinets, they have wood trim edges but are mostly laminate. So, in addition to redoing my counter tops with Rustoleum Countertop Paint I would like to also do my cabinets. My back splash is currently also laminate and I would like to simply tile the back splash to stand out a bit. I already have the sink I want to put in the kitchen (it came from my parents kitchen, before they redid theirs), but I definitely need to do the counter tops before I put in the new sink. 

I would also like to take down the wall paper with lighthouses. My Grandma loved lighthouses and we put the wall paper up years ago for her when she was living here. It's just not for me. I want something more modern and updated and since I cannot completely remodel the kitchen due to the fact that I don't have tons and tons of money, I am just going to do what I can and be creative. 

This week I broke out the spray paint to update my knife block (saw a picture of someone doing it on Pinterest). Nothing major, but I think it makes a huge difference. 

Before:



After:



I also spray painted a frame to make a necklace display for my bedroom above the dresser. There will be a post to come about that. I still have some finishing touches to do and then I will need to hang it up so y'all can see it completed!

Major kitchen updates will come in the spring hopefully. For now I will just work on cleaning up the basement so that it can be painted and such to make it a more liveable space (and frankly not so scary).

No comments:

Post a Comment