Tuesday, February 11, 2014

hs photo & design - an adventure into boudoir photography

If you read my blog regularly, you've heard me talk about Heather. She's the blogger behind Confessions of a Wannabe and one of my best friends.
 
She has a new blog now, as she is starting her own photography and design company. I am unbelievably excited and proud of her. Her creativity is truly inspiring.
 
I told her just today that I wish I had sweet skills like her, something I could market, something I loved, that I could see myself doing for the rest of my life. I'll get there eventually, but that is not the point of this post.
 
Just last weekend we shot a boudoir session at her parents' house. We did it at her parents' because they have really good lighting and a little more space than either of us have. It wasn't even that awkward to run around her parents house in next to nothing...
 
I never thought I would be into taking a boudoir photos, but I've recently become a lot more confident in myself and my body. Everyone (man & woman) should have the confidence in themselves that allows them to not care if others see their imperfections. I think part of it has to do with the fact that Eric and I have such a great relationship and the fact that as I get older, I realize I don't need to impress other people or make them like me. All that matters is that I make myself happy. Pushing your boundaries and your comfort zone allows for a better understanding of yourself.  
 
Here are some of my absolute favorites (if I had to pick, because I LOVE THEM ALLLLLL!!!!!!)




 
 
 
You can check out the rest of my boudoir session on her photography and design blog, HS Photo & Design. I'm truly amazed by how well these photos turned out; not that I didn't have complete confidence in my friend. I just didn't think I could look that good (not to sound vain or narcissistic.) There is not one photo that she has posted that I am not in love with. 
 
She also took our Christmas photos, so if you got a Christmas card from us, you have already seen her amazing photography skills.
 
If you are in the need of photography or design (she makes awesome invitations, cards, etc. in case you didn't know), you should definitely contact her. Her email is hsphotoanddesign@gmail.com.
 
I'm so happy that she is doing something she truly loves to do and excited that I get to benefit from her awesome skills by getting sexy photos out of it ;) She's an inspiration to all of us out there to not be content, do something you love and love what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment