Thursday, January 2, 2014

goals > resolutions

A lot of people make resolutions for the new year... I don't. I figure, why disappoint myself? Most of the time when people ask me what my resolutions are; I just say I don't make them and leave it at that. 
 

This year, I am taking a different approach. While no one has asked me what my "resolutions" are, I've decided to set some goals for myself instead. In my opinion, goals are better than resolutions. People make resolutions to lose weight or stop smoking, etc. and then are disappointed when they don't do it. I don't think it should be so definitive as people make it. Set a goal, work towards the goal, and if you don't reach the goal at least be happy in knowing that you worked for it, you tried. Even if you failed, you learned something about yourself.

 
 
 

With that, I will share some of my goals for the new year.
 

Travel. See the world, or maybe just a new place.
 

Eat healthy. Be healthy. Exercise more often. (even the dogs are working on this one in the new year!)
 

Figure out what I want to be when I grow up! I'm getting old, need to start figuring this shit out.
 

Continue to help Eric with stocks.
 

Read more books & try not to be depressed when they end, like the last one. (excuse me Veronica Roth but WTF was with that ending?!?!)
 

Finish the kitchen & work on all the other house projects.
 

Garden more. Build my raised gardens, so everything grows better and I actually feel like taking care of the garden, even if it costs lots of $$$ because of stupid city water.
 

Organize. De-clutter.
 
 
 

Hopefully this holds true, which is why I am sharing with all of you. 78% is a lot better than 42%.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment