Friday, January 17, 2014

peanut stew with rice

I found a tasty looking recipe on Pinterest last week and decided to give it a try this week. The recipe was for this easy and tasty looking peanut stew.
 
The recipe is VERY simple. I don't think you could mess it up, unless you don't know how to cook rice. && if you can't cook rice, see my next post (coming soon!!) about the best kitchen investment you can make!
 
Back to the recipe. It's really good and really easy so it makes a great week night meal.
 
Peanut Stew over Rice
(adapted from link above)
 
Ingredients
brown rice (however much you feel like making)
2 - 3 red skin potatoes
2 small cooking onions
1 can crushed (or diced) tomatoes
1 can chickpeas
thyme
1/2 cup peanut butter
cilantro on top
 
Cook your rice first, since it's usually what takes the longest.
A trick for the potatoes that came from the link above: Chop potatoes and wrap in wet paper towel. Microwave until soft (approx. 4 minutes).
Chop up onions and cook in an oiled pot.
Add in the potato and cook with onion so the potatoes get a little crispy.
Add crushed tomatoes, chickpeas, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and sprinkle in some thyme.
Cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
Serve over rice.
Top with cilantro.
Enjoy.
 
 
 
My favorite part was definitely the potatoes. I love potatoes. & I even liked the tomato in it, which if you know me should come as a surprise because I don't like tomatoes. It's a good recipe. Next time I will probably add more potatoes since it was the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment