Friday, March 7, 2014

asparagus pesto pasta salad

I love pasta. It's a weakness. So when I ran across this recipe for pesto pasta I got really excited to try it out. As usual, we made a few changes and made it our own.
 
Ingredients:

8 oz shell pasta
1 bunch asparagus
olive oil
salt
pepper
1/2 cup pesto
1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes
1/2 cup mozzarella cubes
 
Preheat oven to 450F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Boil water and cook pasta. Put the trimmed asparagus in a layer on the baking sheet. Coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast asparagus in oven for 12 minutes and let cool before cutting into 1 inch pieces. Combine pasta, asparagus, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and mozzarella.


 
The blogger that I found the recipe from topped hers with a fried egg. I don't do eggs. Our recipe wasn't quite vegan since we used mozzarella and the pesto had parmesan in it, but I wasn't about to top it off with an egg. Last night I had this as leftovers and added some balsamic vinegar on top which added a little extra to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment