Sunday, March 17, 2013

redemption

Redemption is bitter sweet, or in this case, just sweet.

Exactly one month ago I posted about my complete blender failure in you can't eff up box brownies. I am here today because redemption has been achieved! 

Since Eric bought me a new blender as a belated Valentine's Day present we've been testing it out with some different smoothie combinations. Just yesterday we made delicious mixed berry spinach smoothies for lunch and today I decided to make my healthy strawberry banana muffins minus the banana.

The blender I got is a Black & Decker 12 speed blender (nothing special or crazy, but does the job wonderfully, for a reasonable price) and it is a million times better than the ancient blender that I was using, before it blew up in my kitchen on Valentine's Day.

The smoothie that we made yesterday for lunch included all sorts of yummy fruits (frozen mixed berries, frozen strawberries, un-skinned kiwi), spinach, Greek yogurt, and almond milk. Eric ended up having 2, which may or may not have been a good idea for his digestive tract... But either way the smoothies were delicious and contained lots of healthy stuff.

The muffins I made this afternoon are a form of redemption for more than one reason. Reason number one - the blender worked and I didn't have blended up muffin all over my kitchen. Reason number two - not only were they tasty but visually stimulating this time, unlike last where they were flat and strange looking. I didn't really do anything different this time, except that I didn't include bananas and blended the liquid and soft items up first before adding the oats. I think the reason that they turned out better visually may be because the bananas weighed them down last time, but I honestly don't know why they turned out better this time.

Here's how they looked when I made them the first time:





Here's how they looked this time:





If anyone has an answer, let me know. Honestly the only difference is no bananas.

Stay tuned for a special St. Patty's Day dinner post.

No comments:

Post a Comment