Wednesday, June 12, 2013

a little bit of landscaping

This will be mostly a picture post. Not much to say. We started some landscaping on the side of the house around my birthday and yesterday I finally got some wood chips to finish the job. We also got the glass block windows installed last weekend which look 1000X better than the gross old basement windows we had before. Exciting stuff people!!
 
Got the hostas at Meijer and the red grass at Lowes. Mulch came from Home Depot.
 
Before:
 
 
During:


 
After:




After Mulch:



 
I'm pretty please with how it all looks. Especially with my fancy new glass block windows! Now I just need to paint the foundation so it's all one color and the white pipe sticking out of the ground so it's not so noticable.
 
I plan to plant some bulbs in the fall so that there is some color in the spring. Maybe some tulips or iris'. Who knows, we will see.
 
Next gardening project is the front by the porch. I bought some clearance ground cover at Lowes. Phlox for $0.75 each, 6 inch containers. Quite the deal. Just need to move some stuff around and get those planted.


No comments:

Post a Comment