Friday, June 7, 2013

meatless meals

I believe I've mentioned that Eric and I are trying to eat better (less animal products like meat and dairy) so I've been finding all sorts of tasty recipes to try.
 
I've got 3 that we recently made that I would like to share with you guys.
 
Vegan Chili
 
Milk Free Mom has this recipe online. The link will take you directly to her page and you can follow the recipe from there. Eric LOVED the chili. The next day it was even better. I believe he even said it was just as good / if not better than chili with meat in it. SCORE! The only thing we added to it, that wasn't in the recipe, was some crunchy salad chips. These made it even better. If you're trying to eat less meat, but can't seem to give up the taste, give this a try. You won't even know it's meatless.
 


Southwestern Chopped Salad
 
This recipe is found on The Garden Grazer blog and let me tell you, it's quite delicious. Again, we followed the directions posted. We did add some green peppers as well but other than that, nothing changed. The creamy cilantro lime dressing is A-MAZING. I will definitely be referring back to the dressing recipe for future dressing needs. Quite tasty && NO meat or dairy :)
 
 
Quinoa Chickpea Salad
 
Last but not least is this lemon quinoa cilantro chickpea salad. We made more than the recipe called for so that Eric could take leftovers for lunch. Follow the recipe to the tee and you will have a yummy, healthy dinner WITHOUT meat!
 
 
Let me know what you think if you give these a try. Which one is your favorite? I'd have to say the Southwestern Chopped Salad was mine, but they are all in fact very good meals.

1 comment:

  1. wow really amazing salads : ) good work

    ReplyDelete