Friday, July 19, 2013

dairy free ice cream dessert

Sunday when we made quick easy pizzas I decided we needed a quick easy dessert as well. I knew I wanted to try to make ice cream with frozen bananas to keep it dairy free. Earlier in the week Eric chopped up bananas and put them in the freezer for me so that I could make my dairy free "ice cream." I'm really excited about this because you can make all sorts of flavors and concoctions with very few ingredients. Sunday I made 2 flavors; chocolate peanut butter and rasberry chocolate.

Chocolate Peanut Butter "Ice Cream"
 
frozen bananas
unsweetened cocoa powder
peanut butter
agave nectar (to sweeten)
 
Blend everything together in a blender or food processor and enjoy!
 
 
Raspberry Chocolate "Ice Cream"
 
frozen bananas
unsweetened cocoa powder
raspberry jam
 
Blend everything together in a blender or food processor and enjoy!
 
I haven't tried the rasberry chocolate yet, but the chocolate peanut butter was really good! It tasted like chocolate peanut butter covered bananas. It's quite the refreshing treat AND dairy free which is definitely a plus for me!
 
Give it a try. Mix it up. Make all sorts of crazy concoctions! Have fun with it. I know I will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment