Sunday, July 14, 2013

even healthier strawberry banana muffins

So last weekend I had some strawberries that I needed to use up before they went bad. They were a little dried out, so I didn't really want to eat them.... Of course I decided to refer back to my Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins. However, since Eric and I are eating a more vegan diet (not totally vegan for all of you that might freak out with me saying that!), I decided to remove eggs and Greek yogurt from the recipe. I was a little hesitant and frankly didn't know what I was going to get coming out of the oven... But let me tell you, they just keep getting better! They were awesome, as usual, and completely vegan. So there's that.

Here's the updated recipe in case you want it. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures, but they looked just as good as they tasted.

Ingredients:
- 2 bananas
- 2.5 cups oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- strawberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix ingredients in blender. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray. Fill cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 20 - 25  minutes.

Give them a try. Eric said "You could make those every weekend!"

No comments:

Post a Comment